Sunday, June 26, 2016

Introductions!

Hey all, let's start off with some introductions!

I am Ashley Derrer, I will probably be the main writer for the blog. Though, because I'm not using my cell phone while abroad I have to masquerede as Emily most of the time. Google and its texting verifications.... Anywho, I have just graduated from Alma College with a BA in Art and Design. My emphasis revolving around 3D modeling and character creation.

Erin Chon is working on this project as well. She graduated in 2015 from Alma College. She received her BFA in Illustration, with an emphasis of self study in Animation. She has worked with mainly traditionally drawn hand animation in comparison to my computer 3D animation.

Lastly there is Emily Allison. She is going into her senior year at Alma College (graduates in 2017), she is a BFA candidate in drawing and illustration. She is exploring animation as a venue to take her drawing skills into.

For a month we are in Dundee, Scotland working with Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design (DJCAD) within the University of Dundee. In total we will only being having two weeks of studio time to create a collaborated animatic. The rest of the scheduled month is time we have invested in field trips and weekends exploring.

This blog will focus on our process of creating the animatic and relevant cases of our field trips that inspire us. We have already been here since the 13th of June, so just a little behind in creating the blog.

I'll be uploading some more posts of the days we've already begun the work as well as uploading our Brief we were given so as to start this animatic.

Hope to update as consistently as possible, glad to have you guys reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment